F useR! 2021 Frequently Asked Questions
F.1 What is a MaRmot?
- A MaRmot is a helper in our main conference lobby THE LOUNGE
- Help people find their way in The Lounge, have the program in hand and tell them how to go to another session, contact someone, etc
- Modify user profiles and roles if necessary, create channels, ban people, kick out people from channels, kick out people from The Lounge, delete inappropriate messages.
F.2 Who are Zoom Hosts?
Host Zoom webinars / tutorials
Take the technical burden off the Session chair
Admit speakers, chairs and captioners to Zoom
Start the webinar and the livestream
Help the host manage questions
Play prerecorded videos
Mute people if necessary
- Mute people, or in the worst case remove them
- Distribute people into groups
F.4 Questions for Post event satisfaction survey?
- Did you participate yes/no and especially why did you NOT participate: was it time, money, accessibility and internet connection, content (interest).
- Did you ask for a waiver, did you ask for financial support / If you did not, did you know about them?
- What did you assist (keynotes, rt, ep, tut, social events)
- How did you like them
- Do you use accessibility practices
- How would you rate the accessibility practices this year
- Open field to comment about accessibility practices
- How did you like the registration process, the chat system, the overall format of the conference